Sunday, March 27, 2016

¡Feliz Pascua!

            Holidays are very different from those spent with our families at home.  We try to make Christmas a special experience for missionaries, but Easter is more about being grateful for the resurrection and all its promises; the Easter bunny is easy to give up.  Still it can be hard to be away from family and family traditions, so I decided to make a list of things for which I’m grateful.  I shared part of the list with our missionaries in my weekly message and challenged them to write a list of their own. 
            I am not going to repeat that list here, but I can testify that I am extremely blessed and right now a big part of my blessings are to be here in the mission field with our wonderful missionaries.  Hopefully as you write them this week you can include some of the blessings for which you are grateful, which I know includes your missionary and his service.  I know that will uplift them, reassure them they are an important part of your life and show support for the great work they are doing here in the mission.
            I am very grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission here in Chile, with the blessing of knowing and serving with amazing young people who have strong testimonies, the desire to share them with others, and the ability to be worthy representatives of Jesus Christ.  Together we are working to hasten the work of the Lord by inviting people to come unto Him.  ¡Feliz Pascua!  Happy Easter!

            This week’s pictures are from the zone conference we held this week for the Tupahue zones.  We have the final two conferences this week so you can be sure of the subject of next week’s pictures also;) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment