Sunday, October 25, 2015

Meals and missionaries

            As I was scanning old posts looking for inspiration, I realized I have duplicated a few pictures, so sorry about that.  If I have also duplicated subjects, I apologize for that, too.  President was trying to give me suggestions about different aspects of mission life to cover, but I told him I have just about analyzed every single facet of mission life I can think of.  By the time we go home, some of them will have been covered two or three times, so thanks for your patience.
            This is that last week of the transfer when we try to cover a lot of ground before the cambios next week.  On Monday the missionaries are supposed to do a deep cleaning of their house or apartment and have an inspection by either the zone leaders or a coordinadora.  I am certain that your missionary would benefit from any cleaning suggestions you might send them.  Also, on Monday night all the missionaries who are going home come to the mission home for training about being self-sufficient. 
            Since A_____ is still out I will be doing a lot of cooking this week.  I will serve a snack after Monday's training, a light breakfast and then lunch after we go to the temple on Tuesday, again with those going home.  Wednesday we will do our last session of family history training in Santa Cruz; thank goodness I already have the cookies in the freezer. 
            Thursday is mission leadership meeting, which includes breakfast and lunch, and I am making our lives a little easier by serving pizza; always a hit with the missionaries.  Friday we are meeting with all the new missionaries and their trainers from this transfer, which again requires breakfast and lunch.  I have figured that with all the activities of the week, we will be serving around 230 individual meals, not including Wednesday’s cookies.  Thankfully, the senior couples are always a huge help.

            The missionaries are always very appreciative of the food they receive no matter what it is.  A couple of sisters told me today about the times they have had pig feet and chicken feet for almuerzo.  It is one reason why we try to have a delicious, nutritious, and slightly less adventurous meal whenever we feed missionaries.  See you next week.

One missionary in each zone is training the others about
Family History.  It is going well.


The missionaries are fascinated to see each other's family
trees in Family Search

No comments:

Post a Comment