Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly Letters to the President

     In addition to writing emails to family and friends each week, the missionaries also write a short letter to President Warne during their internet time.  These letters include a report of the work in their sector, investigators progress, challenges they are facing and a general report on how they are doing.  The letters are wonderful and inspiring.  Since nearly 250 arrive each week it obviously takes President time to read through them all.  But he reads every letter every week no matter how busy things are.  We thought it might be inspiring to share some of the things missionaries have said in their letters lately. 

"I love my Heavenly Father so much!  I am so grateful for the time I have to serve in the Chile Rancagua Mission.  I feel full of light and want others to feel this way too."  

"What is the greatest thing I have learned on my mission?  I have come to know the Savior."

"I have never been this happy in all my life.  I am not saying that there aren´t challenges in my life right now but I am learning, growing and I am seeing so many miracles."

"What have I learned on my mission?  I have learned that I can do hard things and when I get home after my mission and find myself going through hard times I will only have to think of my mission and I will know that I can get through anything."

"At any rate I am so happy.  The mission isn´t something you can explain to someone who has never lived it.  I have never worked so hard in all my life.  I have never loved people so much...  I have never been this close to God in all my life.  I have never changed so much inside than while I have served here.  I am not the same person that I was and I will never be that person again."

"I do not know how to put it into words.  I work hard.  I love what I am doing.  Before I only could think of going home and resting for two years after my mission but now I cannot even imagine that.  I want to serve the Lord from this day forward and forever."

Aren't they great?  It is our privilege to serve with these amazing young people and watch them grow as they serve the Lord here in Chile.
Sisters who are training new missionaries


























No comments:

Post a Comment