Sunday, November 9, 2014

Elder Nelson and Elder Christensen visit our mission

Greetings to you as you read this week’s blog.  I am very excited to describe the events of this weekend since they are unforgettable for us and a great blessing for all us in our mission, Chile Rancagua.
Yesterday, we went to Santiago to a luncheon with Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife and also Elder Christensen of the Seventy and his wife.  Elder Viñas and his wife of the South America South area presidency were accompanying them.  After lunch, the women traveled by minibus to another building for a meeting with Relief Society, Primary and Young Women presidents.  I bore my testimony right after the opening prayer, and was very nervous, but after that I could enjoy the rest of the meeting.  After me, Sister Cook from the Santiago South mission, Sister Alder whose husband is president of the Santiago temple and Sister Viñas bore their testimonies.  Sister Christensen gave an amazing talk about removing stains or being more righteous, and then Sister Nelson spoke for over an hour about becoming a holy woman.  I was taking notes as fast as I could!  President Warne told me after that Elder Nelson and Christensen first shook hands with the 500 missionaries at the morning conference and then again with all of the priesthood leaders, about 250, at the afternoon meeting, very impressive and amazing, given Elder Nelson’s age. 
This morning we were able to attend stake conference for the Rancagua stake with Elder Nelson and his wife and Elder Chappe, also a Seventy.  I bore my testimony along with a very short message after the stake president.  President Warne did an amazing job with his talk.  After his wife spoke, Elder Nelson gave his talk in Spanish!  It was very inspiring to be near them and feel their spirit of love and discipleship. 
Tomorrow we have an all mission conference with Elder Christensen and his wife.  It is the first time we have gathered all the missionaries at one time and the logistics have been formidable.  Our sister who works here at the mission home made 250 brownies and 500 muffins this week.  We have 4 huge boxes of bread sitting on our dining room table right now, because tomorrow she and the senior couples will be making sandwiches for the missionaries to take with them as they travel back to their areas.  Everyone is looking forward to the opportunity to attend and learn from the Christensens.  President and I will be giving talks again also, and I’m hoping they go well.  I know President Warne will do a  great job as he always does.
The events of the weekend have been a real boost to my testimony as we have seen and heard a prophet of the Lord and those with him teach and bear witness of the gospel and the things we need to improve.  As I said in the beginning, we will remember this weekend as one of the highlights of our missionary service.

 
We will always treasure this photo

No comments:

Post a Comment