Sunday, October 5, 2014

Conference, missionaries and testimonies

            Naturally this blog is about general conference.  As always, it was amazing.  I felt inspired and challenged by all of the talks.  I definitely have my work cut out for me.
            Each week I write a message to the missionaries for our mission web page.  As with this blog, I hope that I’m able to touch or inspire at least some of them.  It is certainly not required reading!  This week I challenged them to choose a topic from the conference talks that could help them improve some aspect of their lives, as I am also planning to do.  It is wonderful that the talks are available immediately to review and study.
            The missionaries really look forward to conference.  They hope to bring investigators or inactive members with them but the two days also serve as a renewal of their purpose in being here and a way to fill the fountain, so to speak.  I know they look forward to having the talks to aid in their personal and companion study time.
            President and I also use the time as a sort of break.  It is very peaceful to watch the sessions here without the usual challenges of driving to one or more far away branches, to attend, do interviews with missionaries or for temple recommends.    It is a little hard to get used to the sessions at 1 p.m., 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. for the priesthood session.  Last night President went to the Priesthood session broadcast at the stake building and the missionaries were happy to see him.  He said it was interesting to sing the rest hymn in Spanish when the words on the screen were in English, and the sound was English also.

            I would like to end by adding my testimony to those of the brethren, if that is not too presumptuous.  I am so grateful to have the guidance and testimonies of those men who lead the church.  I am grateful for their hard work and many years of service and sacrifice.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he is the head of the church.  I want to live my life in accordance with his commandments, and return with my family to live in His presence.  I am eternally grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission with my eternal companion here in Chile.  Hopefully, I can make a difference in the lives of the missionaries we serve with as they invite the people of Chile to come to Christ and know the joy that we feel as members of the true church.  I testify of the truth of the gospel in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Some of our great missionaries!

President Warne's pic of the Santiago temple

No comments:

Post a Comment