Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Church is true!


            Today we attended the Tupahue stake conference here in Rancagua.  As always it is a testimony to me of the inspired organization of the Church; the stake presidency was changed by following the usual process.  As the new presidency was sustained I felt the Spirit confirm that these men were called by inspiration.  It is comforting to realize that we don’t have to worry about what will happen when leaders change.  We are trying to teach the missionaries this principle through their callings and releases to be district and zone leaders and coordinadoras.
            Unexpectedly, President and I were asked to bear our testimonies.  Usually, I would need at least a week to prepare and even long, if ever, to not be nervous standing in front of that many people, especially speaking in Spanish.  Even after 16 months I am still not used to sitting on the stand.  However, I did bear a short testimony and definitely felt the Spirit helping me.  President Warne, on the other hand, spoke for 15 minutes and did a great job, talking about missionary work, of course.  I can only stand in awe of his ability to do that.
            We have 38 missionaries in this stake and most of them sang in the choir.  As I watched them sing earnestly and well, I was filled with admiration and love for them.  Our missionaries, and all the others serving worldwide are the future of the Church.  I feel strongly that as they serve they are learning and gathering the necessary strength to carry themselves, their families and the Church through these increasingly troubled times.  It is our privilege to serve with them and help them succeed in inviting the people of Christ to come unto Christ and also in forming life-long patterns of faithfulness.
            If you are reading this post as a missionary parent, I would like to thank you for sending your son or daughter to u s.  Thank you for preparing and equipping them for the mission field.  It is one of the most important things you will do for them.  Please know they are serving as our Savior wants them to do, and thank you for your prayers in our behalf.  Please have a wonderful week!

 
I went out with these sisters on Thursday, crossing this field twice.
Our hard-working assistants, (taking a selfie)
We said good-bye to this amazing missionary.  We will miss her.


No comments:

Post a Comment